I am here! I made it into the U.K. 3 days ago counting this morning. Two different families have opened up their homes to me during this, the beginning part of my Mission’s trip. Margaret and Martin McGuire are a semi-retired couple whose hospitality ages like a fine wine. They are young in spirit and have helped me around town, with me often shuffling to keep up. We’ve even had burgers and pizza the past few nights…A touch of home on the dinner plate.
The Hindleys are an amazing family that live roughly 10 minutes across town from the McGuires. Brian and Rose are a wonderful Mom and Dad and treat my like one of the boys! We recently went to Temple Newsam, a countryside estate that looks like something straight out of Pride and Prejudice. We consecrated it by playing football (soccer) all over its enormous fields. We got extremely muddy and man points were awarded!
I would encourage you to pray for them both as their Love is continued to be poured out on both myself and my calling. The McGuires and the Hindleys are their names. (Left: Adam and Alex Hindley)
Before I left I contacted Kaiser to see if I had any vaccinations from childhood still outstanding. At that time they informed me I had all my shots up to speed. I left for this trip under that notion. I just received an email from them that they had “made a mistake” and that I never finished my Hep A&B shots. This means I will need to start over with that series of vaccinations before I leave for Africa.
Main problem now is, Hep A&B vaccinations usually take 6 months to administer as a series of 3 shots. I called Kenya and they told me that they would probably not allow me to enter into their country without the shots successfully completed.
The only possibility of averting this hindrance is an accelerated form of the vaccination, which could be completed in as quick as 1 month’s time. However, even with this new accelerated option of vaccination, I still run up against the problem of having to prolong my Africa trip a good few weeks, which could ultimately prove to be too long of a delay to still serve in Africa in the way I was planning to.
So, with a very deep breath and a very surrendered plea, join with me in asking God’s leading for the unfolding of what is supposed to be next. A hospital giving me bad information cannot de-rail God’s plan for my life and calling, but, as it would seem, it might allow God to show off a bit by tweaking things, moving even more pieces around and aligning things in such a way that either the U.K. or Africa get an even more intense ownership of this time in my life.
I am waiting to hear back from my Kenya contacts to see, even with the possible new accelerated vaccination timeline, if that will still allow me to serve in the orphanage/children’s shelter as originally planned. I am also awaiting word back from various YWAM bases in the area which was my initial interest when considering where to serve in the U.K. I will be traveling to Ireland within days and will update all of you on when and where that trip will lead me. Pray for speedy contact and clear answers about serving in this part of the world.
I live in Christ.
I come alive in this part of the world.
I live through your prayers.
With all my Love.